Friday, February 15, 2013

...oh, those tulips...




...thank you...
...Trader Joe's...
...I love you...

...what I love...
...is that for $4.99...
...I can have such lasting joy...

...there was this beautiful little bundle...
...of nine tulips...
...in the most delicate shade of pink...

...I know...
...you are shocked...
...that I didn't bring home white ones...

...well...
...what can I say...
...these kept whispering to me...
...'take us home, take us home'...

...they really ganged up on me...
...those adorable little flowers...

...they have lasted for a week...
...always wanting to sit for photographs...

...one day I tried a black background...
...it's just okay...
...I still like my white...

...they are getting a tiny bit droopy today...

...but they are still begging to be photographed...
...this one especially leaned over...
...to get my attention...

...the pink is even more pale and delicate...
...than when I brought these little sweet tulips home...

...and then of course...
...I had to play in Photoshop...
...this creation I called:  Flowers for You...

...hope you enjoy your bouquet...

...Life is Good...

"When you arise in the morning,
give thanks for the food
and for the joy of living.  
If you see no reason for giving thanks,
the fault lies only in yourself."
~Chief Tecumseh

2 comments:

  1. Omigosh, I think the open, droopy ones on the little pouffe footstool are my favorite! How beautiful_and these photos...WOW. The tulips on black are so elegant. Man, oh man...amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness Sally!!! Now you have me planning a trip to Trader's tomorrow for a bunch of tulips!! I sat here and SLOWLY scrolled down the page, admiring and "eye-touching" each photo, thinking tomorrow I'm going to find tulips! Yesterday, I found a beautiful antique "made in England" white pitcher for such a great price and I'm dying to use it in a photo shoot. I do want some of your sunshine though, that would really help! :) It doesn't take much to bring out the camera does it? Just a bunch of pretty tulips! I'll settle for some paperwhites or anything blooming. Yes....Life is Good!! xx

    ReplyDelete