Wednesday, August 21, 2013

...surviving the long summer heat...

...my coffee group met at my home this morning...
...it is always fun to be together with the ladies...
...for the first time in many years...
...no one in our group is going back to school...
...we are all officially retired now...
...happy days ahead...

...I told them I had been contacted by a magazine editor...
...who wants to use some of my photographs...
...in an upcoming issue...
...(I'll keep you updated on that)...
...(when I have more information)...

...I also confessed that I had not posted much on Flickr lately...
...they all encouraged me to get back...
...keep posting...
...keep playing with my camera...
...keep playing with textures...
...so...
...after they left...
...I checked out in my garden...
...and found a couple of dianthus blooms...
...just begging to come inside and be photographed...
...after all, it has been a long hot summer for them...

...this image can be found on Flickr...
...posted just today...
...I've had so much fun...
...thank you dear friends...
...for encouraging me to return to the hobby...
...that makes my heart sing...

"Do what you love.
Do what makes your heart sing.
And NEVER do it for the money,
Go to work to spread joy."

~Marianne Williamson

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Sally!!! I can't wait to hear more about the magazine. I'm so glad you are getting back to your pictures and editing. They are so inspiring and I hope to get back to mine soon as well. I love you bunches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how exciting! I will be watching for your update about the magazine and your photos!! I have missed seeing your beautiful work on Flickr, so happy you've been re-inspired. It is very hot here in the midwest this week, though I'm sure not as hot as your place. We've really had lovely weather this summer...quite unnatural for us. Love your post today!!

    ReplyDelete